The user has first to select the country and the sector for which the consumption is decomposed:
- Primary, i.e. gross domestic consumption with or without non-energy uses;
- Final, i.e. total final energy consumption (without non-energy uses);
Several options are offered:
- Change the period of the decomposition.
- Change the unit in which the energy consumption variation is measured;
- Change the type of graph to visualize the decomposition (waterfall or histogram);
- Make the decomposition at normal climate.